Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

We all have them... Those things that we do or indulge in just for ourselves? Summer is my time to enjoy my favorite guilty pleasures. I feel like during the school year I have very little time (or energy) for some of these thigns. I've added a few new ones to the list recently as well. I wanted to share mine and would love to hear about what yours are...



  1. Sleeping! It doesn't take me very long to throw out a good sleep schedule and adjust to my "summer schedule." Last night I started watching a 4 hour movie I'd DVR'd last week and didn't go to sleep until almost 4 a.m. Sleep 'til 11:45 a.m.? No problem! Take a nap in the afternoon? Why not!?!


  2. Awesome 80's video block on VH1 Classic. I'm a HUGE 80's music fan, so I've started recording the 2 hour video blocks and watching them when I'm cooking, blogging, or just piddling around. The best part is that if I don't like a song or video, I can just forward right through it. What's on my TV right now? You guessed it!


  3. Full House reruns. I'm a child of the 80's and 90's and still to this day I can watch endless episodes of Full House. I've seen every episode at least 10 times (not even kidding) and I still love being able to watch it during the summer. I've been trying to get to the Y and watch it while I'm working out in the morning.


  4. Blogs. This is a new one for me... I started this blog back in the spring and have started really getting into reading other teacher's blogs. I'm not near as cool or creative as a lot of you out there, but I've been inspired in so many new ways and have tons of great ideas for things I would like to do in my classroom. I've also been discovering non-education blogs on my two other favorite topics-- clothes and home decor! Two of my favorites are J's Everyday Fashion and Young House Love. Definetly worth checking out!


  5. Reading. I will totally admit that I am a teacher that really doesn't enjoy reading all that much. I loved it as a kid, but it seems like around middle school or high school having to read all of those boring classics sucks out your desire to read for pleasure. I got into reading Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic books a few summers ago and then moved onto her other books as well. I don't really read during the school year, but over the course of the last three summers I've read almost all of her books. They're fun, light-hearted girlie books that are perfect for a summer day. I usually take mine out to the porch, get a little tan, and enjoy some quiet time with a good book.

Just for fun...


Here are a few awesome (or awesomely bad) 80's videos I've seen recently:


Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up


Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It for the Boy


Swing Out Sister - Breakout


Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract (my personal FAVORITE from my childhood)


Mike and the Mechanics - Silent Running

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)