As I prepare for the upcoming school year, one thing on my to do list is to make sure that I have my own personal desk essentials in order. Now, we're not talking staples and markers here... I like to have a couple small bags of necessities for everyday needs or when I pull a long night with conferences or whatever!
- Lip Balm / Lip Color - This is probably my most used essential. I like to keep something moisturizing, but with a little bit of neutral color on hand to use throughout the day.
- Powder - My skin tends to get kind of gross and oily especially on hot school days. I've found keeping an extra powder at school is great for easy touch-ups to keep me from looking completely disgusting.
- Deodorant - This is just a good one to have on hand. 'Nuff said.
- Body Spray - There are times when I just feel gross after being outside or whatever and a few spritzes of body spray are just what I need to not feel quite so stinky!
- Hand Lotion - This one is especially necessary during winter! I also recommend getting the anti-bac lotion from Bath & Body Works to help you fight germs and stay moisturized.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste - Sometimes I just feel the need to take a moment to brush my teeth... This is a total essential during conference week when I wolf down a quick dinner and then have to sit down and talk to parents afterwards!
- Mascara - Mascara is one makeup item (other than foundation) that I feel like I have to have to look awake and like "me." I always end up with tons of minis, so these are perfect for stashing away on those days I'm running late or need a little makeup pick-me-up.
- Nail File - ...Because sometimes you have a nail emergency.
- Feminine Products - I think this one is pretty obvious, but having a stash on hand has saved me when I forget to refill what I normally try to keep in my purse. (I keep these in a separate bag in case I need to make a trip to the restroom... That way I don't have to take everything with me!)
I seem to have an abundance of cosmetic bags around (mostly freebies), but if you're looking for cute bags I recommend checking out Thirty-One or Target for great buys!
What are your desk essentials?