Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Tasty Fall Treat: Pumpkin Muffins

I've mentioned about a zillion times that fall is my favorite season.  I love it all and anything pumpkin is a winner in my book.  

I stumbled upon a recipe for pumpkin muffins last fall and have been loving them again this year.  (I don't have the original source I got the recipe from, but it turns out my grandma has been doing this as a muffin loaf bread for quite some time.  The best part is that they're super easy and a little healthier than other muffin recipes.  



The only 2 ingredients you need are 1 regular size can of pumpkin and a box of cake mix.  The original recipe I tried called for yellow cake mix, but I use spice cake for a little added flavor.  I also like to add in a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, but that's not a requirement.  That's it!  No water, eggs, oil, milk, or anything like that!  


Dump the pumpkin and cake mix into a bowl and mix it thoroughly.  The batter will be a little thick and sticky, but don't worry about that!


1 cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin will make a dozen muffins.  Put the mix into the muffin cups and bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.  (I usually set my timer for about 22 minutes.)  

Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture on my real camera of the final muffins, so click here to see my Instagram photo of them!  (I even bought little football cups to keep with the fall theme!)

There are seriously delicious and ridiculously easy!  I'm not one that cooks much, but I make a batch of these about once a week or so and take them to work for breakfast and as an after school snack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)