Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Few Summer Faves

I'm really not a fan of summer or extreme heat, so it's probably a good thing that I don't have to work full-time during the summer months.  In addition to reading blogs, I've been really into watching You Tube videos on makeup and beauty.  I've always loved makeup and that kinda stuff, but I feel like I've gotten into it more so in the past year or so since Ulta and Sephora opened in town.  I love those stores and some of the deals they offer!  I thought I'd share a few of my new favorite products for summer (or year round).  During the school year I'm a fan of having a makeup routine that's easy and fast, so a lot of these products are great for speeding up the getting ready process as well!  These are actually all products I've used during the school year as well, so I can also testify to their lasting power!

Benefit POREfessional
sephora.com
I went to Sephora looking to try a primer a few months ago.  My skin can get really oily as the day goes on and I noticed as spring arrived that my foundation wasn't staying put very well.  I was led to this sampler pack which has a full-size POREfessional and then trial sizes of the Erase Paste and Girl Meets Pearl.  I wasn't totally convinced on the primer until the weather really began to heat up, I had no A/C in my classroom, and my makeup was still looking decent by the end of the school day!  I actually like all three products.  I happened upon this set on clearance the JC Penny's Sephora and got 2 for almost half price!  

Clinique High Lengths Mascara
Clinique - High Lengths Mascara
sephora.com

I can't remember what mascara I'd been using, but I was having issues with it flaking off all over my face midway through the day.  Super attractive, huh?  I have so many freebie mascaras that I think it's been over a year since I've had to actually go out buy mascara by itself.  I pulled out this one from Clinique and I've really enjoyed it!  The wand looks a little crazy, but it goes on quite nicely.  It makes my lashes took nice and it actually stays put all day.  Double win!

Revlon Lip Butters
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
revlon.com
I'd really done a good job at not purchasing any new lip products for a really really long time and then I started hearing about these.  I picked up one in Strawberry Shortcake and started using it a ton.  I used an Ulta coupon while they were running a buy one get one half promo and ended up getting the second one free.  I'm not a huge fan on lipsticks, but I do like some color and so these are a great middle ground.  

True Blue Spa - Tahiti, Sweetie
Nourishing Body Lotion - Tahiti, Sweetie - True Blue® Spa - Bath & Body Works
bathandbodyworks.com
There aren't a ton of repeat lotions that I feel like I have to repurchase, but this is probably my favorite.  It smells fresh and a little bit fruity and it's super moisturizing.  It's great for showing off your legs in the summer as well as when your skin gets super dry in the winter.  You can get it at Bath & Body Works (and hopefully I can get a deal during their upcoming semi-annual).

Fun, Bright Nail Polishes
Essie Neon Nail Polishes.
image via Pinterest

I'm actually on a nail polish purchasing ban until September because I have wayyyy too many!  I used to absolutely hate nail polish on my fingers as a kid and even up until a few years ago wasn't a huge fan of wearing it except on my toes.

Here are a few current favorites:
Turquoise & Caicos by Essie
Tart Deco by Essie
Camera by Essie
Shine of the Times (topcoat) by Essie
Pink (871) by Sinful Colors
24/7 (820) by Sinful Colors
Peace Out Purple by Color Club

You can probably tell I'm an Essie fan.  It's just become that way in the past year, but I really like the colors, quality, and that Ulta runs some good bargains!

Do you have any great products for summer (or other times of the year)?  
I'd love to get some suggestions for new things to try.  (Maybe after my ban is over!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some fun colors of Essie! Have you tried Essie's Matte About You? It is a matte top coat that you apply over any nail color to make it matte. It's a little pricey ($10-12), but worth it because you can use it with any polish!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at that one, but I haven't bought it yet... I love the matte look (especially with some of my brights), but the only matte top coat I have is from ELF and was one a friend gave me. It was really disappointing, so I'm sure it's totally worth it to spend the money on the Essie bottle! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
    2. I haven't heard of ELF. The one from Essie is pretty good... I would say the matte-ness lasts for a good 2-3 days before it wears off a bit.

      Delete

Comments make me smile! :)