Friday, November 16, 2012

Fashion Friday: A Little Sparkle!

This time of year I start to get in the mood for sparkly things.  I wouldn't say I'm a super glitzy, glammy girl, but I do like a little sparkle and shine every now and then.  I think it's a fun way to dress up an outfit and add a little extra girliness.  I don't really have any formal or dressy Christmas parties to attend, but I do like to add a little extra pizzazz to my winter attire.  I thought I'd inspire you with a few of my current faves for adding a little sparkle and glam to your everyday wardrobe.  


These are a few of my favorite glitzy tops.  Obviously I gravitate toward things in the gray family!  

The dark gray cardigan on the left is from Gap (2 years ago maybe?) and is totally my go-to dressy cardigan.  It works with dark jeans, black pants, and skirts which makes it a total winner in my book!  

The middle cardi was a total Banana Republic steal last spring.  I believe the original price was nearing $100 and I paid $7 on super sale.  I didn't get to wear it much, but I'm very excited to bust it out this holiday season!

The top on the right is a super soft, cozy sweatshirt from AE that I picked up last year.  I immediately fell in love with it and almost literally ran to the store to get it.  It wasn't even out on the floor yet, but the wonderful folks at AE know me, dug one out of the back, and let me buy it early!  Even though it's a sweatshirt, it can be dressed up or just worn with jeans for a little extra sparkle.  It got a ton of wear last winter and will get a lot this season as well! 


Accessories are another great way to add some glitz and glam to an otherwise basic outfit.  The bracelets are from a local boutique and a local resale shop and the earrings are from Forever 21.  I'm not one to spend a lot of money on accessories, so like to get goodies from inexpensive stores.  Target has some adorable accessories right now that are perfect for spicing up your outfits!

Now here are a few items currently in stores that you can add to your wardrobe!  
(Warning:  I've been on a shopping kick lately!)


This one is perfect if you're wanting a little glitz without anything over the top.  I picked this one up in "Vintage Vanilla."  (Side note...  I'm working at Aerie again this holiday season so I picked up a few tops there with my employee discount!)


I bought this one in "Deep Sea" (navy) and love the sparkle detail on the bands.  It's another one that can be styled a lot of different ways, but it still very comfy for winter.  I'm tempted to get another color!


This one is on it's way to me (since the nearest Loft stores are over 2 1/2 hours away) and I'm crossing my fingers it fits and I like it.  The one online review isn't good, but I'm hopeful!  I love stripes and I love sequins, so when I saw this one in a preview ad I anxiously awaited its arrival online.  


Factory square-sequin tank
factory.jcrew.com

It's a little much, but styled and layered the right way, I think these sequined tanks are totally adorable!  I don't have one (yet), but keep eyeing them!

I mean, look at this pic and tell me that's not super cute!

Oh how I want a sequined tank!
pinterest.com

Or this?

Sparkles and denim...  I love the combo of dressy and casual.
pinterest.com

I hope you're inspired to add a little sparkle and shine to your wardrobe!  

I'd love to hear how you glam up your look during the holiday season!

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)