Sunday, November 25, 2012

November Birchbox

This month's Birchbox was a bit delayed due to all of the storms in NY and the east coast.  I've had my box for over a week now, but am just now getting around to sharing my box.

The "theme" (or whatever) for the month was giving.  I'd say overall this was a pretty decent box and I definitely got my $10's worth this month!


It seemed like there were a lot of paper handouts in this box.  It had the normal card telling about what's in the box and also a cute little box holding the smaller items.  (The purpose of the box is to gift something to someone else.)  In addition to those, it also contained a Holiday 2012 Gift Guide and flier / coupon for $15 off from a shoe website called CHROMATICgallerie.com  (I lost interest when I read "...at just $88 per pair..." since most of my shoes come from Target and are under $30!)


My box contained 5 items this month:

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper - I haven't tried this one out yet, but I am glad that Birchbox once again sent me an item specifically for curly hair.  It makes me feel like they really do pay attention to the preferences I've set on my account!

Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia - This stuff smells really good!  It's a tiny rollerball, but it's more of an oil / gel consistency.  It's described as "a heady trio of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle."  

ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara - Another full-size product!  I believe this one goes for $22 on the Birchbox site.  I'm trying to use up some other mascaras right now, so I haven't used this one yet, but I'm excited to give it a whirl!  

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer - This is a nice size sample luminizer.  I've received 3 Stila products from Birchbox and have really liked them all.  It was a brand I didn't pay much attention to before, but I've been really pleased with their products.

Chuao Chocolatier Honeycomb Chocopod - This was the "lifestyle extra" of the month.  Quite yummy!  (I ate it as soon as I snapped pics!)  I'm not sure I'd spend the money on these, but it was a fun little extra!  

I do feel like this was a pretty good box, especially considering it included a full-size mascara and the Stila luminizer sample was pretty generous as well.  

Birchbox also sent me a 20% off discount code for being a 9 month subscriber.  I decided now was the time to redeem my points and use the discount to get myself a bottle of Viva La Juicy La Fluer.  After the 20% off and the 500 points I redeemed I paid a grand total of $6!  Yup, $6 for a $70 bottle of perfume!  I'd say that's pretty good.  I was also very pleased with how quickly my order was fulfilled and shipped to me.  I think it arrived in 3 or 4 days.  (I consider that pretty good when you consider it's NY to KS.)  

I think overall the benefits of Birchbox overshadow some of the less than stellar months, but there really haven't been too many boxes I've been disappointed with.  

Here's my referral link if you're interested in signing up for Birchbox:  

***

What was in your November Birchbox?  Were you happy with this month's goodies?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)