Friday, November 9, 2012

Fashion Friday: Pink Please!

Do you ever go through phases with colors?  I feel like everyone does that when they're a little kid, but I feel like I totally do that as an adult too.  

I was never one of those little girls that completely loved or completely hated the color pink.  I mean I was never opposed to pink, but I was never really crazy about it.  Sometime in college I became a big pink fan and it's stuck with me ever since.

Okay, so now the pink that I'm drawn to is bold and bright.  I think pink is a color that you can get away with year round and right now it's a color I've been drawn to in a sea of dark fall and winter colors.

Gap got the best of me again and I picked up two more sweaters from their new arrivals.  I had a coupon (of course), so that did help with the situation.

This first one is just a basic pink crewneck.  I have a 3 size range in Gap sweaters and I went with my largest in this one to give it a roomier fit if I want to layer and more length.  (They also didn't have the next size down in this color, so I was glad it worked.)

gap.com

The next sweater is a total throwback to a J.Crew top from last winter.  I actually tried the J.Crew shirt in store, but was between sizes and didn't love it enough to pay $45 for a knit tee.  The whole neon and stripe thing stuck with me, though, so I was super happy when I saw Gap come out with this sweater.  It was online, then disappeared, and now seems to be back (but the way Gap is promoting it I don't know if it will be around for long).  The bottom is a very dark navy, not black like I'd originally thought.  I sized up in this one as well to have a bit more length so I can wear it with my skinnies.  The best part is that it's a sweater and it was a chunk cheaper than the J.Crew shirt.

gap.com


J Crew t shirt



How freaking cute are those?!?  The pink on both sweaters is neon...  We're talking quite bright, but I think that's why I love them so much.  I'm excited to have a few bright and fun sweaters for those gloomy winter days.  I think there's something so cheerful about a pop of bright color in the middle of winter.

My final pink purchase is my Clarisonic Mia 2!  I finally got it!  I'll have a separate post on that purchase and how I totally lucked out.

Clarisonic - Mia2™ Sonic Skin Cleansing Holiday Pore–fection Collection
sephora.com
What color(s) have you been craving lately?  
Are you into brights or darker colors right now?


2 comments:

  1. I love those shirts with bright pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the color it just too fun to resist! I actually found a striped knit tee just like the J.Crew one at JCP! I didn't get the pink, but I did get the neon yellow one!

      Delete

Comments make me smile! :)