Thursday, June 27, 2013

June Fitness Update

I debated on whether or not I wanted to post a fitness update this month (it's been a little while), but I decided that being honest is going to be the best way to keep me accountable.  

I started off my summer vacation (late May) doing really well with regular workouts.  The first 3 weeks or so of summer were very good for me.  I was either going to the Y, doing "30 Day Shred," walking outside, or some combination of those every day.  The weather was still pretty mild out, so I took advantage of that and did a lot of outdoor walking / running.

And then I went on vacation...

Now, while I was on vacation I did a fair amount of walking and hiking, so the vacation itself wasn't necessarily the problem.  The problem was that I got out of those good routines.  As soon as I got back (last week) I started into 2 straight weeks of professional development classes and working on weekends.  

Total admission:  I haven't worked out since the day before I left on my vacation.  That would have been June 10th.  

(I'm embarrassed just saying that.)  

While I have been busy the last few weeks, I've also been just plain lazy.  There's no good excuse...  I mean, if nothing else, I have workout DVDs I can do at home in 20 minutes or so.  I just haven't done it.

I love working out, but when I get on these lazy kicks it's hard for me not to slack off.  The hardest part for me is getting started or just getting to the gym.  I love it and feel great once I'm going, but it's getting there that's 90% of my battle.  

July is going to be a busy month for me with 2 straight weeks of all day classes...  It's a perfect time to start throwing out excuses, but I'm determined not to do that.  

So, my goal for July?  Complete at least 50 miles through walking outside, at the gym, or on the elliptical.  Easy right?!?  It actually should be considering a typical trip to the gym consists of at least 5 miles.  I'm going to keep track of my workout mileage on my iPod and hopefully this time next month will have some good news and success to share with you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)