Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Projects ~ School

I love having the summer to knock out some projects that I don't have the time / energy / motivation to do during the school year.  I've actually had a small surge of energy to work on school-related stuff these past couple weeks, so I'm taking advantage of that motivation and have been trying to get a few projects done.

Here are some of the school projects on my to do list:

  • Make vocab Power Points.  I discussed my vocab routines in this post, but I've wanted to put everything into an electronic form for a while now so that I don't have to write it all out each day.  I figure Power Point will be the easiest, especially considering I tend to be gone a lot and that would be fairly reasonable for a sub to handle.
  • Get organized!  I like to think I'm a fairly organized person, but I do have plenty of room for improvement.  I'm trying to get a handle on organization right now, so that I can start the school year off right!
  • Plan out and find resources for reading themes.  This past school year was the first year I'd really used themes to drive my reading instruction.  I really liked doing things this way and have so many ideas for what I'd like to do.  I'd like to have it all planned out a little bit more and have my activities and resources ready and organized ahead of time this year.
  • Familiarize myself a bit more with the new Common Core standards.  I currently feel better about math than reading / ELA when it comes to CC.  I feel like I'm really going to have to step up my instruction in that area and I want to have a little more sense of where to go with it all.
What do you want to accomplish this summer?  
Do you have any projects you want to complete for your classroom?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with getting familiar with CCSS! The third grade teachers in my district (7 elem schools) have been getting together once a week to get some resources together. We are getting a new math curriculum (Math Expressions) next year. We are also focusing on the Sci & SS standards. So helpful getting together with other teachers to figure this all out!
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)