Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fashion Friday: Spring Break Style

It's finally here...  SPRING BREAK!!!
(Okay, come 3:35 p.m. it is...)

I love the fact that even though I work long hours and bring plenty of work home with me, I still get all the perks of being a student!

This is actually the first spring break in several years that I'm not traveling.  Last year I went to New York and a few times I've made trips to Colorado for break.  I'm actually pretty excited to not be going anywhere this year.  I kinda wish I had something exciting to do, but I'm also really happy to just have some time at home for rest and relaxation.  I'm hoping to go on a big trip or two over the summer, so I decided to hold off and save my money for that.  (Besides, I'm going to try to figure out where the heck I'm going to live after June so that's my big task next week...)

Anyway, I love Polyvore and was a little bored, so I decided that it would be fun to put together a few sets of spring break outfits.

Packing Light & Bright




This first set is for packing light.  I'm pretty much the worst over-packer.  Ever.  Back in high school I'd go on youth group trips and would pretty much outfit all of the girls with my wardrobe.  Several of the more recent trips have forced me to travel a bit lighter and so I'm working on this skill.  It's all about pieces that mix and match and that are easy care.  Downy wrinkle releaser is one of my favorite travel companions.




I have to admit, I've never been anywhere that would be considered a warm weather getaway...  I've been to Orlando for a teaching conference, but didn't see anything that didn't cover the bus ride from the airport to the hotel to the conference center and back.  It was a pretty lame trip to a neat city.  Boo.  I've never been to the beach or the ocean.  (Shocking to some of you, I'm sure.  Kansas is about as non-ocean as it gets.) Anyway, I've been addicted to looking at items from J.Crew lately and picked these as my hot spot items.

March Madness




This last pic is what will most likely resemble my attire for the next week or so...  I love my Wildcats and have an absolutely ridiculous number of K-State tees.  (Today I have on my St. Patrick's Day K-State tee!) It's cute, comfy, and perfect for watching basketball at home or at Old Chicago (yum yum)!

What's your spring break style?  
Are you heading off on vacation or keeping a low profile at home?

5 comments:

  1. I am depressed that your spring break is starting because that means my spring break is ending. =( I hope you have a GREAT spring break next week.

    http://adventuresofmssmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to have a good spring break! Hope yours was great and that the rest of the year goes well!

      Delete
  2. Love that orange dress! We don't have spring break til the 2nd week of April! So ready for it!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on break at the same time as you. I live in Florida (and on the coast) and still don't know if I will make it to the beach-it may not be warm enough. I LOVE all of the outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! My favorite is the one for packing light because it's all items I have or items I wish I had! Unfortunately our forecast for my week off looks gloomy and stormy, so I may have to brighten things up with some fun clothes! I hope you have a good break!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)