Friday, March 23, 2012

Fashion Friday: The Teacher's Spring Wardrobe

The Teacher's Spring Wardrobe





I love dressing for spring...  It's kind of the best of both worlds.  I can wear clothing in layers, but can still rock fun, bright colors.  I don't know about any of your classrooms, but I run into the issue of temperature control (or lack thereof...).  My classroom is either full-blast A/C or super humid.  Add in the fact that my windows and ceiling have had some leakage issues and let's just say I've been opting to go with the A/C and the cold.

My spring work wardrobe is all about layering.  I like to use a lot of my summer tanks and dresses and layer them with cardigans and jackets to make them appropriate for work.  I tend to wear my denim jacket A LOT this time of year because it goes with so many dresses and tanks and it's super comfy!

I created this Polyvore set inspired by items I currently own or items that I'd like to own.  I know some schools (and other workplaces) have dress codes that vary.  I'd say that for my school we fall somewhere in the middle as far as our attire.  In the spring, I prefer easy to throw on and comfortable clothes that still have a slightly dressy and professional look.

I hope everyone has a happy Friday!  Today's my last day of spring break before the weekend...  It's been rainy all week, but as a fellow teacher posted on Facebook the other day, I'd rather have a rainy spring break than a week of indoor recess!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)