One thing that I think is really fun about blogging is participating in Linky Parties. It's a great way to get to know other blog friends and discover new blogs! I somehow stumbled upon this Linky Party hosted by 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules. It's just a fun way to get to know other bloggers. If you want to participate as well, just follow the link on the picture. Answer the questions and add one of your own. Then, just link up over at 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules and check out the other links for this party!
Okay, here we go:
1. Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
Single... Not the worst thing in the world, but I would like a change of status one of these days.
2. Where did you grow up?I've only lived in Kansas. I stayed in state for college, but that's as far as I've gone.
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what is his/her name?
No pets right now. I grew up with dogs and would love to get one when I'm more settled in a house with a yard. Here's a couple pet facts... My mom's dog and I hate each other. She seriously has a death wish on me and it's been that way since they got her when I was in high school. She seems to think I'm some sort of awful threat or something. My other pet fact is that I used to keep Beta fish as pets in college. I was also obsessed with Will Ferrell back then so their names were Will Ferrell, Anchorman, and Ron Burgundy.
4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?
I feel like 50% of the shows I watch are worthy of being embarrassed about... I'm 27 and I love shows for teens. Degrassi (Canandian teen drama) is one of my addictions and I still watch almost as much MTV as I did back when I was 16. (I refuse to watch Jersey Shore, though!) I'm also a fan of the Real Housewives of Orange County. Can't beat those original housewives!
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
A little of both... When I know I have to save or I'm really motivated to get something I'm really good about saving. I love shopping, though, but I do enjoy getting a bargain. Paying full price on things is rarely my style!
6. What is your favorite children's book?I love anything by Beverly Cleary because her books were pretty much the first chapter books I ever read or was exposed to. My class is actually reading Ramona Quimby, Age 8 right now!
7. Were you the class clown, teacher's pet, or neither?
Teacher's pet... ALL THE WAY!
8. Who is your favorite athletic team?
K-State Wildcats!!! I bleed purple!!!
9. Where did you go on your last REALLY fun vacation?
I went on a road trip to Denver with 3 friends to visit another friend last winter and I had an awesome time. It was just a great group of friends to hang out and travel with. I also went to NY last spring break with a friend that used to live there. I loved seeing all of the sites and it was also great to be there with someone that new the city and knew how to navigate everywhere!
10. Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
I'm kind of in love with Jason Bateman, but I love pretty much everything Tom Hanks has been in. I don't really think I have a favorite actress...
11. Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
Okay, this may sound weird, but I don't think I've ever had something that made me so happy I cried!
12. What is your favorite season?
I enjoy spring, but I think fall definitely beats it. I love football season, wearing sweaters and hoodies, fall candles, decorating for fall, pumpkin spice lattes... Ahhhh... I can't wait for fall to be here again!
13. What is your biggest regret?
I can't think of anything that I really regret, but a few years ago I decided to postpone home-buying and got my Master's instead. In the short term I'm still not sure it was my best financial decision, but I know it's better off in the long run. It's frustrating, though, that it's 3 or 4 years later now and I still don't own my own home. Oh well, I make more money now so hopefully when I do buy I can get more of what I want.
14. What food do you just NOT like at all?
Cheesecake! I think it's one of the most repulsive foods on earth. I'm that girl that goes to the Cheesecake Factory and gets the layered chocolate cake and not cheesecake!
15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?I had pretty amazing teachers the whole way through school. I'm really fond of my 2nd grade teacher, though. She was young, fun, sweet, and very creative. We've actually kept in touch over the years because my mom has worked with her and we're Facebook friends.
And one more question of my own...
16. If you could change anything about your job, what would you change and why?
I pretty much love my job right now. 3rd grade is definitely my perfect grade level. My only complaint is the fact that there is so much emphasis on assessments and I don't have as much time to teach the fun stuff that isn't just reading and math. I'd love to have more time and flexibility to teach more social studies (my favorite) and science.