Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Getting Away

One thing I love about being off work for the summer is that I have the flexibility to spend time with friends and family.  I've actually had a quite a few busy weekends with weddings, showers, birthdays, and just spending time with friends.  In a couple weeks, I will be traveling out of town to spend time with some friends and family for a few days.  I'm not going on an actual vacation this summer since I'll be going on a trip for a good friend's wedding in September, so this little getaway is going to have to satisfy me until then.

My trip is going to consist of a baby shower / BBQ, shopping, eating at yummy restaurants, and more shopping.

Weekend Getaway



I'm going for cute, comfy, and casual here...

  • Striped dress & denim jacket - This is pretty much my favorite kind of outfit.  I love cute knit dresses and they're perfect topped off with a denim jacket.  I plan on wearing this to the baby shower / BBQ and maybe out to dinner.
  • T-shirt and jeggings - I'm only going to be driving about 3 hours away, but I still want to be comfy yet cute and ready to go out and about.  I love this tee and my AE jeggings are pretty much the yoga pants equivalent to jeans.  
  • T-shirt & scarf - I'm a sucker for scarves and I still love them this time of year in lightweight florals.  I've been wearing this one from Aerie a ton lately.  It's a nice way to dress up a basic tee without piling on the accessories.
  • Striped blouse - This was a great buy back when I last visited the J.Crew Factory store in Oklahoma.  It's become one of my favorites because it's kind of dressy, but still comfortable and versatile.
  • Metallic sandals - You know you made a good choice when you get asked if these are the $150 sandals in the J.Crew catalog...  Nope, they were less than $20 from AE!  These seriously go with everything and add a teensy bit of glam without being over the top!
  • Crossbody purse - I love crossbody purses for traveling and shopping.  They're so convenient!  I bought this black one from Coach last summer, but they brought back the same style this year.  I wish I could justify getting another color (or 3)!
  • Go with everything necklace - I have a very similar necklace that was a $2 Forever 21 clearance find several years ago.  It goes with everything and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it.  It's proof that you shouldn't always discriminate against inexpensive jewelry.  
  • Versatile makeup palette - I'm currently loving my Too Faced Natural Eye palette and their Better Than Sex mascara.  I can create a lot of looks with this palette.  I love that I can go with a lighter look during the day, but then add some darker colors on top for the evening.  Plus the packaging isn't super big and bulky so you can still stash it in your purse if you want it on the go.
What are your go to outfits / accessories / makeup for a weekend getaway?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)