Monday, June 23, 2014

Makeup Monday: Basics Under $10

Makeup Basics


I have been asked a couple times recently about what inexpensive makeup items would be good for someone new to makeup / someone who doesn't wear it often / someone who lost theirs and needs quick replacements. I wear a mix of high-end and drugstore brands, but this got me thinking about my favorite drugstore items and that I consider to be good basics.

Top to Bottom:

Maybelline Color Whispers - I'm not really a lipstick girl, but these are a total essential for me.  They give good color without being too heavy.  I have so many of these and always have at least 1 or 2 in my purse!

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer - This is one that all of the You Tubers rave about and it lives up to the hype.  It's a really nice matte bronzer that's just enough to help you blend and add a little color without turning yourself into a complete bronzed goddess.

Dark Brown Eyeliner - I have a few brands that I enjoy for good, inexpensive eyeliner.  I like dark browns for a less harsh look (especially when I'm going with a lighter or more neutral look.  Prestige, Ulta, and Jordana are probably my favorite brands!

Cover Girl Clear Complexion Concealer - This is a really good does everything concealer.  It's one of my favorites to keep in my purse for on-the-go touch ups throughout the day.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - This is my current favorite foundation.  The coverage is amazing and I really can go without concealer at all most of the time when I wear this foundation.  

NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray - I find this to be very comparable with Urban Decay's All Nighter and De-Slick sprays for a lot less money!

Wet 'N Wild Eye Shadow Trios - This is another item that I was introduced to thanks to You Tube.  I've kind of  become an eye shadow snob since discovering  Urban Decay and Too Faced, but these babies hold their own in my makeup collection. They have a great variety of colors, the pigmentation is awesome, and I think most of the time they run about $1.99 for a trio!

ELF Studio Blush - The blushes cost only $3 each, but they've earned a top spot in my makeup collection.  I think these might be the only blushes I've completely finished and repurchased!

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara - This mascara is perfect if you're wanting full, pretty, natural looking lashes.  It isn't going to give you tons of drama, but that's actually why I like have having this one in my collection!

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser - I'll admit that this is the only drugstore primer I've ever tried, so I really didn't have any other suggestions for primers.  This one is a great bargain and really does a pretty good job without the cost of the high-end primers that you find elsewhere.  

What are your favorite drugstore makeup brands / items?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)