Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! (And Stuff I'm Loving Right NOW!)

Happy Easter!  He is risen!

I hope everyone has had a great Easter Sunday.  I've had a pretty good day myself...  I went to my old church for their service and then spent the afternoon with my family over at my grandparents' house.  We had another gorgeous day and the gym was closed for the holiday so I enjoyed a great walk outside to work off some of the yummy food my mom made.  I'm now enjoying some couch time with my DVR and catching up on my last few shows before the week starts again!  

I have another week and a half or so out of my classroom, so I'm hoping to get a few more things accomplished and marked off my to-do list.  Here are the things I'd like to get accomplished this week:

  • Label and organize all of my folder games for reading and math and make copies of all of the accompanying worksheets.  (This has been an ongoing project I can never seem to get finished!
  • Work adding some of my newly found printables to my files.
  • Weed through the two random baskets / boxes of crap that have been taking up space in my filing cabinet drawer.
  • Weed through my teacher books and pull out ones to give away or put into my garage sale.
  • Work on filling out student data sheets in preparation for the end of the school year.
I've tried my best to stay out of the classroom as much as possible this past week, but most of what I want to get done this week involves being in the room.  I'm going to try to get as much done during specials when the kids are gone so I'm not causing too much of a ruckus.  

I also wanted to share a couple things that I'm currently loving...  It's not all necessarily related to the classroom, but that's okay, right?  ; )

e-nuf is e-nuf
essie.com
Essie's "e-nuf is e-nuf"

I think this one was my first Essie nail polish that I bought last summer.  It's a super fun dark coral color.  I put it on my fingers last night and it looks much more red than I remember, but it's still a great color!  I've been fighting the urge to buy more nail polishes, so in the meantime I'm trying to use some of the ones I haven't worn in a while!

Everything Poppin' Patterns from CTP

I just plain love this collection of classroom decor and CTP just keeps coming out with more cute stuff!  I started a shopping cart of items I want and the total was less than $40.  That's not bad at all, right !?!  I've settled upon keeping this as my decor scheme for another few years since I already have a ton of this stuff and I know I'd get carried away decorating with another theme.  Check out everything Poppin' Patterns here and see what all I'm loving!
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
revlon.com

Revlon Lip Butters

I hadn't really paid much attention to these until recently when a few other bloggers and You Tubers started posting about them.  I have a ridiculous collection of lip products and have really tried to not spent money on anymore.  I gave in, though, and purchased on in Strawberry Shortcake.  I love it!  They're a nice mix between a lipstick, gloss, and balm.  I have an Ulta coupon and plan on going there sometime this week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get at least one more.  I like to keep products like this in my desk at school to give me a little pick-me-up during the school day.

Mio Energy

I hate to admit it, but I have a serious need for caffeine in the morning.  I've been trying to cut back on my pop consumption for several reasons and I'm not a big coffee or tea drinker, so I've been diggin' these things.  I picked up a 3-pack when I was at Sam's with my mom and have been alternating between two flavors all month and have yet to finish either bottle.  My mom and I popped into the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market today and discovered they have already come up with their own store brand version.  She picked up a flavor to try, but I passed today since I have 5 bottles up in my cabinet right now and they seem to last quite a while!

Lace necklace tee
jcrew.com
My Two New Super Cheap Shirts


Pink & white striped Gap top

Lace necklace J.Crew top in Strawberry

Okay, I have yet to actually receive either of these yet, so I really hope they work out and that I like them as much as I think I will.  I've been contemplating a short clothing shopping ban between my April and May paychecks, so for some reason in my mind that allowed me to buy as much as I could afford before my April paycheck arrives this week.  (Even I don't quite understand my logic.)  I don't buy much online, but I found both of these tops on major sale and was able to apply some discount codes to cut down the price even more.  Both shirts ended up being less than $7 each after discounts and the one from Gap shipped for free.  (I paid more to ship the J.Crew shirt than I paid for the actual shirt!)  We'll see how these work out size wise...  I tried on the one from Gap in black and white a while back, but ended up ordering this one a size smaller in a tall since talls were all that the pink was available in.  I can return that one if it doesn't work out, but the J.Crew shirt was "final sale" so I'm stuck with it.  I have yet to completely figure out my J.Crew size since I don't shop there a ton, so I went with the larger of my sizes there and am hoping for the best!

Mossimo® Womens Knit Maxi Dress - Black/White Stripe.Opens in a new window
target.com
My New Maxi Dress From Target

Despite the fact that I have a closet full of dresses in my spare bedroom, I decided I needed to buy some dresses for some upcoming events.  I bought one at Kohls and one at Banana Republic (that I wore today), and then I found this baby at Target on Friday.  Now, I rarely pay full price for anything, but I liked it so much I decided to try it on and, of course, I loved it on me!  I went on and bought it at regular price ($29.99) and decided to take the one from Kohls back since it was more expensive and less practical for everyday wear.  I'm glad I grabbed this one on Friday because I ended up back at Target Saturday afternoon and the rack was already cleared out!  I guess everyone waited until the last minute to do their Easter dress shopping!  I think I'm gonna wear it to school tomorrow with my denim jacket and my flat white sandals!  This one is definitely going to get a lot more wear than the dress I took back to Kohls and was $13 cheaper!

So, there are some of the things I'm loving right now!  

What are you loving right now?  
Any great finds this spring for yourself or for your classroom?










  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)