Friday, April 13, 2012

Fashion Friday: Busy Day

Busy Friday




I'm helping out with some interviews today and had to give up one of my casual days and dress up today.  I wanted something that was dressy, but also comfortable for sitting all day, going to lunch with coworkers, and running some errands after school.  Obviously my outfit had to do some multitasking!  This isn't an exact replica of what I'm wearing, but it's pretty darn close.  (My dress is black and from Banana Republic.)  I feel like this dress was a good investment even though I already have quite a few LBDs.  (Plus I snagged it for 50% off with a coupon...  You can read that story here.)  I have a feeling it's going to be a go-to dress and I love that it's so easy to accessorize in different ways!  I've accumulated several skinny belts (all very very cheap), so they're a very easy way to change up the look and the tone of my outfit.

I'm pretty sure this dress will be making an appearance at parent-teacher conferences next fall or spring.  It's right along the lines of the comfy / dressy style I like to go for when I have to be in the same outfit for 12 hours.

What are your go-to outfits or items?  
How do you dress when your outfit has to multi-task?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)