This linky came across my Google reader today and it was totally up my alley!
If you're a follower of my blog, you know that fashion is a large chunk of what I post about on here. I've covered a lot of these answers before, but I still wanted to share with everyone!
- What is your favorite store(s) to get your "teacher's fashion"? I'd say that majority of my work clothes are from stores like Gap, Banana Republic (and the outlet), Target, and American Eagle. I try to buy items that can translate from work to play pretty easily. I also really love Loft and J.Crew, but we don't have them in town so I don't buy as much from there as I would otherwise.
- What are some of your favorite accessories? I wear jewelry pretty much everyday. I love dressing up basics with a cute statement necklace. I'm also a huge fan of scarves and have accumulated a pretty nice collection. I love scarves because they can be relatively inexpensive and can really change the look of an outfit. Outside of school, I'm a total purse girl. If I could afford a whole closet of purses I'd totally have one!
- What type of shoes do you teach in? For the most part, I wear flats. I have quite a collection (especially from Target). During the warmer months I wear some of my dressier sandals. In the winter I also really like my clogs. I keep telling myself I'll splurge on some nice work shoes each year, but that has yet to happen. I'm just not one of spend a lot of money on shoes unless they're for working out.
- Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? I wear black pants wayyyyy too much. I have issues finding dress pants that look good on me, so I always default to one of my pairs of black pants. I also wear my denim jacket at least once a week. It works with so many items in my closet! I also have a ridiculous cardigan collection, but I have a lot of variety with those.
- Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? I had an incident with a highlighter and some khakis a few years ago... It was one of those slow motion moments where I just couldn't stop it from rolling off my desk and onto my pants. I also had a pair of jeans rip, but thankfully it was on an inservice / work day, so I was able to disappear for a bit to remedy the situation.
As a side note, Gap's Friends & Family Sale started today. I went by after work, but really didn't have as much success as I was hoping. (That's probably a good thing, though.) Their selection of work pants was pretty limited to black (remember what I said above?) and that was one thing I was hoping to at least try to find. I walked away with a tee and a(nother) cardigan. I was in a hurry to get home, but I will probably swing back by sometime before the sale ends on Sunday.