Saturday, August 11, 2012

How Much Does Your Face Cost?

I feel like I've been doing a lot of non-school related posts lately, but that's just kinda been the type of posts I've been interested in writing lately.  Maybe it's because I've been so busy getting ready for school to start that when I sit down to blog, I don't really want to think about school anymore.

Anyway, I've seen a few of these "How Much Does Your Face Cost?" posts and I got me wondering how this would end up if I evaluated my own makeup.  I have a lot of makeup and I'm trying to get through some products before I buy new ones.  I decided to take out everything that I wore yesterday and evaluate the total cost.  I don't wear these items everyday, but I'd say this is a pretty average day of makeup for me.  

  1. Clinique Stay Matte Foundation - $23.00
  2. Clinique Chubby Stick - Free (It was in a free gift and my roommate gave me this color since she didn't like it.)
  3. Buxom Lash Mascara Mini - $12 (Sampler pack included the mascara and a lip balm)
  4. Benefit POREfessional Primer, Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter, & Erase Paste Concealer - $31 (These came together in a pack.)
  5. See 4
  6. See 4
  7. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - $6(ish)
  8. ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer - Free (It costs $1, but this was given to me by a friend.)
  9. Philosophy Eye Shadow Quad - $3 (Big Lots find!  I think these originally retailed for close to $30!)
  10. NYC Eyeliner - $2(ish)
  11. ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer - $3
  12. Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush - $6
  13. L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes Mascara - $7.50
TOTAL:  $88.50

As you can see, I use a mix of high end and drugstore products.  My biggest splurges for my face are foundation and primer.  I have a lot of freebies and I'm a total bargain shopper, so that cuts a lot of my costs.  I'm pretty surprised my total was less than $100 since a lot of the other posts I was reading were about $150 and up (some even near $300!).  

Let me know if you've done a similar post!  I'd love to see some more posts like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)