Monday, August 20, 2012

August Birchbox


My August Birchbox arrived a week or two ago (I can't keep track), but with the start of school and being completely busy and exhausted I barely even looked at it until the other day!  
This's month's theme was Back to School and 15% of this month's purchases on Birchbox go toward Pencils of Promise.  Pretty cool, huh?  
I was once again pretty impressed with this month's box.  It had a couple full-size products and some good sample sizes this month, so for $10 I'm very pleased!   

Here's what my "Supply Kit" included:

  • Beauty Fixation Makeup Remover
  • Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur
  • Miss Jessie's Original Quick Curls
  • Pixi Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen
  • Schick Hydro Silk Razor
To be honest, I haven't tried many of these products yet.  I love the original Viva la Juicy and this new one smells just as amazing.  I haven't worn it yet, but I have a feeling the full size may get added to my Christmas list.  I've tested out the Pixi shadow, which is a full-size and will hopefully remember to wear it sometime this week.  Finally, I was super excited to get a product that is specifically for curly hair!  I feel like this is one of those times they actually paid attention to the beauty profile thing I filled out when I signed up for Birchbox.

I've reached $30 in the Birchnbox store and I'm debating making a purchase.  I'm trying to work through some of my current makeup stash, so I'm not sure I want to buy anymore makeup.  Any suggestions?  I may hold out and accumulate more points and go for something nicer like a perfume (La Fleur?) in another couple months.  We shall see...

***

I thought I'd leave you with a super simple tip for storing all of those little perfume sample bottles.  I found this idea on Pinterest or a blog and decided I needed to copy it for my own perfumes.  Little votive holders are the perfect size for those little sample bottles!  I had a few unused candle holders from Target, so I pulled one out.  I'd started to accumulate quite a collection and so this is a cute way for me to keep them handy and actually give them some use!  






What was in your August Birchbox?

Do you had any simple, cute, or handy storage tips for your beauty loot?

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! My aunt just "gifted" me a three month subscription and i am so excited.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea for storing the perfume samples. I have so many!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)