Friday, April 12, 2013

Fashion Friday: Giving in to Emerald

I don't feel like I was all that excited about emerald being hailed Pantone's Color of the Year, but I think I'm starting to warm up to it.  It may have been since we just passed St. Patrick's Day and green seems to be all over the place.  Green isn't a color I'm opposed to, but it's not necessarily one that I find myself drawn to when I'm shopping.  I have a few green / emerald items in my closet, but it's not a color that I find myself wearing all the time.  I tend to be drawn to warmer colors both in my wardrobe...  Pinks, corals, and yellows rule the roost in my closet!

Once again, Pinterest is to blame for some fabulous emerald inspiration...  Here are a few of my favorite pins and some items I have my eye on!

Factory Clare cardigan
Image via J.Crew Factory
I've recently been wanting to get my hands on a springy green cardigan like this one from the J.Crew Factory.  I'm feeling regret that I didn't snatch it up when I first saw it!  The hunt shall continue!








I think this outfit is totally a "me" look.  I can very much see myself rocking a look like this one...  Sunglasses included.

Image via Veronika's Blushing / Pinterest
Veronika is one of my favorite bloggers and I love how she styled this green dress in a more formal way for work.

Image via Pinterest / Polyvore
I've been really wanting to find some cute skirts for the spring and summer and I love this little green skirt!  This is a great neutral outfit that allows the green skirt to be the standout piece.

Smashbox - Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio
Image via Sephora
I wasn't exactly wowed by Sephora's Pantone emerald collection this year, but this little Smashbox trio seems like a nice way to add a pop of emerald into your eye makeup.  

Have you given into the color emerald yet? 
How have you incorporated emerald and greens into your wardrobe?

2 comments:

  1. I have loved green things for many years! I remember searching for a "grass green" shirt in high school and honestly, there were no stores selling it. I finally found a top at Casual Corner (which I think doesn't exist anymore), but it had sequins all over it. I bought it and removed the sequins and wore it all the time. I'm pretty excited that bright/emerald green is so easy to find now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear green and blue all the time, so I'm super thrilled that emerald is so huge. I got a green eyelet dress at Old Navy that is just so adorable with a blazer- I love it! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)