Saturday, July 28, 2012

More School Shopping

I showed off my Target goods the other day, but promised I'd share the rest of my school shopping finds as soon as my Mardel order arrived.  I've done a pretty good job of staying within my budget and I still have my $35 Wal-Mart gift card to use for classroom supplies as well.  Other than nametags, I'm pretty much good to go (or at least I think I am)!  I know that a few little things will pop up when I get back into my classroom next week, but my school usually has a Wal-Mart list running for random supplies that teachers need.  At least for now, I think I'm done with the majority of my shopping.


I'm such a sucker for the Poppin' Patterns collection from Creative Teaching Press.  It's my non-theme theme (more on that in a later post).  I love all of the colors and that it's so mix and match.  I'm not entirely sure what all I'm going to end up doing with everything, but I figured with 20% at both stores I shopped I was okay to go on and grab things now.  I'm eager to get into my classroom and start adding these things to my already extensive collection!  Here's the whole Poppin' Patterns collection online.


Okay, left to right:

There are several things I hoard for my classroom...  Dollar Tree's word strips are one of those things.  It doesn't matter that I have an entire plastic box full of them already sitting in my classroom...  I seriously buy more almost every trip there AND ask for them for Christmas!  

Another Dollar Tree find was this parts of speech set.  I've used a poster for the parts of speech the past few years, but it's so small that it's hard to use it for teaching purposes.  I honestly couldn't remember if I already had a bigger parts of speech set (I know I have a similar one for punctuation), so I went on and grabbed this one since it'll be wayyyyy better for the kids to see and since it was only $1.  I hate that my wall space is so limited, but I'm just going to have to find a place for this!  

I also found some math cards and black dot calendar pieces.  Neither of these were real needs, but let's just face it, I was in a spending mood and I know both will get used.  I know the math cards will definitely come in handy when I'm doing after school tutoring!

And finally, my super cute t-shirt from Mardel!  It reads "Teachers Give a Hoot!"  I'm not a huge owl fan, but for some reason I thought this one was adorable and I'm always a fan of having extra t-shirts to wear on Fridays.  

Even if you missed Mardel's 20% off sale last week, they still have a bunch of items on special and is worth checking out.

Well, other than whatever I end up with getting with my Wal-Mart gift card, that will probably be the extent of my school shopping for now.  There are a few books I'd like to track down, but nothing too urgent right now! 

I plan to start working on my classroom next week, so I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of how things come together!  I think this is one of my favorite things about the beginning of the school year!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Comments make me smile! :)