Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tell Me More {Linky Party}

Mrs. Lemons over at Step Into 2nd Grade is hosting a fun "Tell Me More" linky party where other teacher bloggers share some fun things about themselves!  I've enjoyed browsing through some of the other links over there and decided to share some of my own fun, random facts!


My all-time favorite movie is "Back to the Future."  
I've been obsessed with this movie (particularly the first one) since I was about 5 years old.  I was in afternoon kindergarten and watched my video of it almost every morning before I went to school.  The cassette tape soundtrack was pretty much the only tape I listened to when I was a kid and was one of the first CDs I ever bought.  (As a result I'm a HUGE Huey Lewis & the News fan!)  I got my first DVD player when it was first released on DVD back in high school and I bought my first BluRay player last year right after its BluRay release.  It's just one of those movies I will never, ever get tired of!  

I have major closet OCD.  
Some people color coordinate their clothes...  I don't.  Mine are meticulously organized by type (tees, tanks, sweaters, long sleeve, short sleeve, etc.) and then by store and how new they are.  It also goes in order from the stores I own the most from to the least.  It was an entire evening event organizing my closet after my move.  But, when I want my pink short-sleeve Gap tee from last year, I know exactly where to find it!

I'm addicted to Pottery Barn bedding.
I think I have 5 or 6 sets of bedding from Pottery Barn, plus a couple quilts and only one bed!  (This has been spread out since college, though, and I did sell one set in my garage sale!)  I love their patterns and quality, so their duvets and shams are my big splurge for my home.  It's probably a good thing there isn't a PB in town otherwise I'd be living in a cardboard box surrounded by my lovely home decor!

I've only owned 2 cars.
I was that spoiled 16 year old who got a brand new car from Daddy when I started driving.  It wasn't anything fancy by any means (no power windows!), but my little Saturn SL1 was a pretty great car to get me through high school, college, and the first few years of my career.  I decided since I only get a car every 10 years (at my current rate), I could treat myself to another brand new car last year.  Once again, nothing super fancy, but I do love my Nissan Sentra and the fact that it was my first big girl purchase.  I'm scheduled for another new car in 2021, but something tells me that if kids happen to come along between now and then (which I really hope so!), I may have to break down and get something else before then!

I was in a TV commercial when I was in kindergarten.
A family friend was running for the local school board and recruited me to be in his ad campaign with a few other candidates.  I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I do recall all the teachers at my school making a big deal about how I was the cute little girl in the commercial.  I must have done a pretty great job because they won!

I've never been west of Colorado.
Traveling is something I love to do, but I've just not been to that many places.  I feel like I go to Colorado all the time, but I've never been any further west of  the Rockies.  I've been a couple places east like NY and Orlando, but I haven't seen much of that part of the country either.  I'm hoping to make it to Washington next year to visit a friend and finally make further west than Colorado!

I'm a total K-State addict!
This one probably isn't anything new if you've been following me for a while.  Growing up, my family was never really hard core for any team...  Just whoever was from Kansas.  I totally bleed purple now and one of my goals each school year is to convert as many of my students into K-State fans as possible! 

I used to be a HUGE Hanson fan!
They're probably the only band / celebrities I've ever been completely obsessed with.  I used to have their pics all over my bedroom and had a video that stayed next to the VCR for whenever they were on TV.  My friends and I would get together and swoon over my notebook of photos I found online.  (I was super cool to have that since internet was just becoming a trend and my mom worked at Xerox so I could print everything in fancy color!)  I've been meaning to download their "Middle of Nowhere" album to my iPod since my beloved CD has gone missing.  Since everyone knows "MmmBop" I wanted to share my personal fave.  

My mom's dog hates me...  And I hate her back.
They got the dog one weekend when I was away on a church trip and I'm pretty sure that got us off on the wrong foot (or paw).  She really, truly hates me and thinks I'm a threat.  The vet said it's sibling rivalry, but she gets along just fine with my brother.  Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, just not that one.  She starts barking at me whenever  I go to their house or even when I pull up to pick up my brother.  All my mom has to say is, "You sister's here!" and the dog runs to the door barking.  It's only been like 12 years of this...

I still love TV shows for teens!
I keep wondering when I'll grow out of loving teen shows, but it hasn't happened yet.  My two current addictions are "Degrassi" and "Awkward", but there are a few others I enjoy as well. I'm pretty sure I watch almost as much MTV as I did was 10 years ago when I was a teenager!  I guess there's just part of me that just doesn't want to completely grow up!

So, there are some things about me!  Check out the Tell Me More, Tell Me More linky party over at Step Into 2nd Grade...  This party is crazy huge and I've discovered quite a few awesome new blogs as a result!


3 comments:

  1. My very first concert was Hanson.. and my poor daddy had to come with me lol!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still never seen them in concert! I really want to, but they never made it here when I was younger and every time they've been here since I've had other plans or was out of town! Maybe someday...

      Delete
  2. I LOVE HANSON - I've seen them almost every time they've come to Dallas (including lining up at a mall at 4:30 in the morning on school day) and have driven to Tulsa to see them in their hometown. Ike was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)