Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday (or Monday) Social

Well, so much for being back on a good sleep schedule...

I decided last minute to jump in on this week's Sunday Social over at A Complete Waste of Makeup!

Sunday Social
Click here to join Sunday Social!

This week's questions were along the lines of (re)introducing ourselves.  I figured since I have quite a few newer readers this would be a good one to join in on.

  1. What is the name of your blog?  How long have you been blogging?  My blog is called Third Grade Rock Star (there's really no good reason for that name, just something I came up with) and I've been blogging for close to 2 years.  I've been blogging on a (semi) regular basis for about a year and a half.
  2. Why do you blog?  I totally got into blogging randomly.  I learned about Blogger a few years ago when I was working on my Master's degree.  My group decided to create a blog for first year teachers as one of our projects.  My instructor (who also does professional development in my district) asked me if I would teach a class at our learning center on blogging and tech tools.  I actually created this blog for the sole purpose of teaching that one day course, but had so much fun putting it together that I decided to expand it into more.  As I started following more blogs in the meantime, I decided I wanted to join in on the fun and share my own experiences with others!
  3. What is the first blog you ever followed?  J's Everyday Fashion...  She's awesome!  
  4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?  This is a hard one...  I love posting about fashion and shopping, but I also really love posting about things that help others become better teachers.  I'm not one of those teachers that posts cute things I make all the time, but I do love giving tips and hints to others, be it about teaching or shopping, to make life easier and help save people some money!
  5. What are your blogging goals for 2013?  I want to be a more consistent blogger and continue to develop the identity of my blog.  I want this blog to reflect all of my favorite things.  I wouldn't mind reaching 300 or even 400 followers by the end of the year either! 
  6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow:  My current must reads each day are Along the Lines of Style, Franish, and Just Another Smith.  I love reading these blogs because all 3 of these girls are so down-to-earth and the types that I feel like I would be friends with outside of blogging.  (Okay, actually Andi of Just Another Smith and I have known each other "in real life" since we were babies.)  Out of my 100+ subscriptions on Google Reader, if I'm pressed for time, I look for updates from these girls each day!  

1 comment:

Comments make me smile! :)