Monday, January 21, 2013

Winter Weekend Getaway

I've been itching to get out of town for a while and ended up working a lot over my Christmas "break" so I decided to take advantage of the 3-day holiday weekend.  I decided to hit the road head to KC to visit some friends and family and, of course, do some shopping!  

By the time you read this, I'll probably be on my way back, but I thought I'd share a peek at what I like to take for a short weekend away.  I did a similar post last fall, but a few things have changed, plus it was still pretty hot then and I was going to a wedding.




Winter Shopping Weekend



Since I stayed with 2 different friends on my 2 nights there I tried to keep my packing pretty simple and go for multitasking items.  I've totally left my entire cosmetic bag at a friend's house up there before!  The weather was cool, but mild, so I opted for Columbia fleece jacket and left my big puffy black coat at home.  (I hate shopping in that puffy coat!  It gets sooooo hot!)  

I'll be sure to post my purchases when I do this month's Budgeting Bloggers post in a week or so.  This was kind of my last big shopping excursion for a month or 2, so that's going to be a pretty big post!

I must say, I love road trips...  iPods and GPS make them even better these days!  

What do you pack for a weekend away?

HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)