Saturday, July 27, 2013

Back to the... Classroom!

My summer break is officially seeing it's ending and this past week I decided I needed to make a trip to school and get a little work done in my classroom.  I'm totally the type that goes in super early and then takes the last few days before I go back for relaxation and fitting in appointments.  

I made a point this year to take some "before" pictures of my classroom.  I'm allowed to keep a decent number of things up on my walls, so that helps in some ways.


The first thing my brother and I noticed when we walked in?  Yup, this saw!  It was just laying on the table in the middle of my classroom.  #thatsnotsupposedtobethere


The other thing I noticed?  This gaping hole in my ceiling!  I'm guessing they're working on replacing the ceiling tiles that got wet last year and the job just didn't quite get completed.


This is the view from the door.  Nothing spectacular...  Just a lot of work ahead staring back at me!


This area is what was my classroom library.  It's been my library corner for 6 years, but I've decided to change things up!  I'm hoping my new ideas will work out the way I want them to.


And my corner of the classroom...  What a mess!  

Stay tuned for the "after" photos!  I assure you they'll be much better than these!

1 comment:

  1. Your classroom is miles ahead of mine in terms of setup! When they moved the furniture, they decided to leave the file cabinets in the middle of the room, and the closets are pure chaos (inherited chaos because this is my first year at this school).
    Those little area rugs are so cute - they really brighten up the space. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)