Friday, July 5, 2013

Fashion Friday: Summer Showers Style

If you're anywhere between your mid-twenties and your mid-thirties like me you probably stay somewhat busy in the spring and summer with wedding and baby showers.  While this summer isn't my busiest, I am staying busy with my fair share.  (I had one summer a few years ago where I literally had a shower, bachelorette party, or wedding every weekend for 2 straight months and many of them overlapped!  I'm glad to not be in that situation again!)

My "shower style" could be described as dressy, but still casual.  For the most part, none of my friends are super fancy and therefore don't have super fancy showers. So, that makes wearing a cute and casual dress perfectly acceptable attire for these types of events.  I also seem to find myself running from one event to another, so I like to keep my looks comfortable and functional for other happenings I might have the same day.  

I decided to have a little fun on Polyvore and create a few looks for you using some items that I have in my closet!


Wedding & Baby Shower Style

Wedding & Baby Shower Style 

  1. Talk about an easy outfit...  Skirt + Bright Top + Statement Necklace = Cute & Easy Style  I rocked this outfit a few weeks back when I also had a picnic to attend later on in the evening.  
  2. I think knit dresses are one of the best inventions ever.  I wore this outfit for a sushi lunch with my mom, a baby shower, and then church.  A comfy pair of wedges is also a wardrobe essential when you want to look a little dressed up, but still want to be able to walk by the end of the day.
  3. There's something about a comfy maxi dress that just says chic and effortless.  I bought this one last year at Target and it's been great for those times when I don't want to put a lot of fuss into my outfit.  
What do you typically wear to a wedding or baby shower?  

3 comments:

  1. Well, I generally wear jeans and a nice top, but now you helped think of some other options. :)

    http://cowansprekcaterpillars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could inspire you! I definitely go with jeans and a nice top or sweater when it's cold out. I love skirts and dresses, so I always look for an excuse to wear one when I can!

      Delete
  2. Great options! As you know, I'm a big fan of easy summer dresses, because it feels a little bit fancy without being super complicated!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)