Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th!  

I hope your day is filled with fun and celebration with family and friends!  My plans today are pretty chill and just consist relaxing, dinner with family, and watching the 'lil bro set off fireworks.  


I've made these adorable and delicious strawberries the last 2 years, but passed on making them this year.  After looking at this photo, though, I may have to make some just for myself sometime soon!


This is a cake I baked last year...  If you know me, you know I'm not much of a cook, but I can pull of a pleasant surprise every now and then.  This is just a plain white cake, but the frosting and fruit is what made it extra special.  The frosting is a combo of regular cream cheese frosting blended with marshmallow fluff.

A.Maz.Ing.  


How cute is this star tee from Gap?!?  I popped in there last week with one of my besties and we both loved these.  I found myself thinking about this tee a few days later and went back while it was on a 50% off promo.  Guess what I'm wearing today!?!


The weather here in Kansas has been usually pleasant this week and will be perfect for spending some time outside tonight.  I've been taking advantage of the gorgeous weather and have been walking outside in the evenings.  I snapped this pic the other night...  I wish the weather would stay like this all summer long!

I wish you all a fun, safe, and happy 4th of July!  

3 comments:

  1. Love that t-shirt, and Happy 4th of July!
    Enjoy you day!

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. These desserts look delicious! Love the star tee too, so cute!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought the star tee, but decided on a couple tank tops instead. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)