Monday, July 22, 2013

Life Lately and School Shopping

The past couple weeks have been super busy, so blogging hasn't happened as much as I would have liked.  The past 2 weeks consisted of the second year of a Common Core math workshop that I'm participating in at a local university.  Sitting in class from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. isn't exactly my idea of a fun time, but I got a lot of good ideas (plus free credit hours and stipend money).  

Super not fun math...
The next 2 weeks are pretty much the end of my summer vacation...  This summer seems to have totally flown by!  I can't believe that we'll be back to school in less than a month now!  My to do list for school is growing everyday, so I'll be busy getting those things checked off in the weeks to come.  

Target's school supply section!
Remember my post a while back about my $100 school budget for this year?  Our local teacher store did their annual 20% off everything sale this weekend, so I stopped in to get a few essentials.  I'm really trying to stick to my budget and not go overboard with school spending this year.  Up to this point, I'd spent $13 of my $100 budget.  I hit the sale with my budget in mind and tried to stick to only purchasing things that I knew I needed.  

I spent a total of $30 on these items, so I feel like I'm still doing pretty well with my budget.   If you can't tell, I really like the Poppin' Patterns collection from CTP!

My new classroom loot!
I also spent $10 on a HUGE packet of organization materials and forms on Teachers Pay Teachers.  It's got a lot of great forms took the place to needing to purchase a separate gradebook.  There are so many awesome options on TpT, so if you're needing that kind of stuff I highly recommend doing a search on there!

Current Total:  $53

Remaining Budget:  $47

I've been looking at classroom door decor ideas and have a trip to Hobby Lobby on the agenda for the near future.  I'm also thinking I may purchase new fabric for my classroom bulletin boards.  I've had the same dark denim on my boards since my first year of teaching, so I figure after 6 years it might be time for some change.  Any remaining money will probably go towards little things like goodie bags for open house and other classroom treats.

Have you been doing any back to school shopping yet?  
What have you purchased for yourself or your classroom?

1 comment:

Comments make me smile! :)