Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social

I'm a little late in posting, but I wanted to join in on this week's Sunday Social over at A Complete Waste of Makeup!  It's all about music this week, so enjoy!

What is your all-time favorite song?  
I really can't pinpoint one single favorite song for all-time...  If I had to pick an 80's song, it would probably be "If This Is It" by Huey Lewis & The News.  It's such a good, catchy song and it's one that I can listen to over and over again.  Picking a favorite 90's song is much easier and it would be "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals.  It's another one that I can listen to on repeat and still love it!  I can't think of any more modern songs that stand out to me as being favorites...




What song reminds you of your childhood?
Okay, once again, I can't pin it down to one song so we're going to separate it out into different eras.  

Early early years:  "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes was my first favorite song.  I was only 2 or so when that song came out, but I remember listening to it on the radio and "writing" the words to it.  I also remember seeing the video on MTV or VH1 one day and then trying to see it on TV at that same time of day after that.  I never even saw the movie "Dirty Dancing" until probably high school, but I've always loved that song!


Early Elementary:  MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" will forever remind me of learning to skate at school skating parties and my 7th birthday party.  And yes, I do know all of the words.


Late Elementary:  "Waterfalls" by TLC is probably my favorite song from the mid-90's.  It was on the radio all the time and just seemed so cool.  



What song puts you in a good mood?
Okay, this one is totally random...  "Let's Go" by Wang Chung.  It's the perfect 80's song to blast in your car and sing along with.  


What is your music to rock out to in your car?
I'm a total sucker for just about anything from the 80's and 90's.  My new car has XM and I've been loving the 80's and 90's stations on there!

What is the most embarrassing album or song you own?
I own a lot of random stuff, but the only one that comes to me as being a little embarrassing is Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA."  For some reason I really liked that song when it first came out and downloaded it.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your song choices (even the embarrassing one). I <3 music!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)