Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Social!

Sunday Social

I haven't done a Sunday Social post in quite a while, so I thought I'd try to get back int he habit of linking up over at A Complete Waste of Makeup.  These are such fun posts and it's always entertaining to read what other ladies have to share!

This week's topic is travel, so I was all about ranting about that!

Me in Seattle during my recent trip to Washington!
  1. What is the best trip you've ever been on?  Oh, that's a hard one!  I think it might be a tie between my trip to New York during spring break a few years ago and my recent trip to Washington.  Being a KS girl, it's super fun to get to see other parts of the US that are different than my neck of the woods.  NY was so much fun and it helped that I was traveling with 2 girls who had previously lived there.  I would have totally been lost without their expertise!  There's so much I got to see and so much more that I didn't that I'd love to make it back there someday.  Washington was absolutely beautiful and was my first time traveling anywhere west of Colorado.  I'm not the most outdoorsy type, but I totally was up for outdoor adventure on that trip!  It's another place I'm hoping to make it back to.
  2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip?  My favorite girls weekends have been ones where we don't travel super far (3 hours or so) and just shop and relax.  I think weekend trips are too stressful when you try to jam in too many activities.  Shop all day, eat a yummy dinner, and spend the night in wearing PJs and watching movies is totally my kinda day.
  3. What is your best idea for a couples trip?  I think the best couples trips are the kinds that allow both people to enjoy their own personal interests together.  I think having some relaxing downtime to just chill is also a good thing for a couple to do when they travel together.  Traveling can be a stressful event, so just enjoying some time together without worrying about being on a schedule is always a good idea.
  4. What is the best vacation on the cheap?  I've been on several trips where we rented a cabin or condo for the trip, which allowed us to be able to buy groceries and cook most of our meals right there.  If you've got a group of 4 or 5 people and split those costs, it's much cheaper than going out to eat for every meal.  I'm not super big into doing really "touristy" things and paying for stuff like that, but rather just explore the sites on my own.  
  5. What is the place you most want to visit?  I've never been outside of the US and that is my ultimate goal someday...  To go to another country.  I think at the top of my list would be Europe.  I'd love to see England, France, and Germany and get to experience the culture in those places.  A little closer to home, I'd like to visit Canada and some of the big cities up there.  
The gorgeous sunset at Pacific Beach.
The Alamo!


I loved Times Square!  It was so filled with life at all times of the day and night!

Literally chillin' with friends on a mountain in Colorado!

Yes, that's the sign pointing to South Park, Colorado!

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of the space needle! Seattle would be a great place to visit!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!

    Suzy @ happy Wife, happy Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy! I hope to make it back there again soon! It's such a neat area!

      Delete

Comments make me smile! :)