Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Confessions of Teen Show Addict

I have a confession...

I'm 28 years old and I still love teen shows.  

In fact, I think I watch more teen shows than I did when I actually was a teen.  I probably watch almost as much MTV as I did when I was 16.  

So, let's go through my top 3 guilty pleasure teen show addictions.

Awkward.

This is seriously one of the best shows MTV has ever produced.  The writing is great and it's a delightful mix of dry humor and drama.  I have friends my age and even my mom's age that love this show.  The third season is coming back in April 16 and I get a little super excited every time I see a promo for it!


Degrassi

Those Canadians know their drama!  I started watching "Degrassi" back in college when I would babysit late nights and then watched a marathon of it for like 3 days straight when I had the flu.  After that, I was hooked!  It's been on for a long time and they cycle through characters, but I still somehow get hooked on the storylines.  It's on Teen Nick and is currently in the middle of 12th season.  

(Fun Fact:  It's actually the continuation of the original Degrassi series back in the 80's, but the ties to the original show aren't really there anymore...  Only 1 character from the 80's show is still on there.  I also recently discovered PBS has posted episodes of the original series on their You Tube page.)  


The Carrie Diaries

This one is a new show that's the prequel to "Sex and the City" and it follows Carrie Bradshaw through high school in the mid-80's.  I'll admit the 80's thing is what got me interested in the show, but it's such a good show, that I sometimes forget that's when it's set.  I'm not a huge SATC fan, but know enough about the show and Carrie's character to appreciate this show.  I think AnnaSophia Robb does an awesome job playing Carrie.  She's way cuter than Sarah Jessica Parker actually was at the time (here's proof), but her narration and mannerisms are very convincing to make it feel like it's the same character only younger.  I really hope this show lasts longer than this first season.


Do you have any guilty pleasure shows like these?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)