Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Makeup Shopping Ban (And What I'm Currently Using!)

I've mentioned on my Budgeting Bloggers posts that I'm currently on a self-imposed makeup shopping ban.  I decided to do this starting at the beginning of the new year and originally didn't have a set timeline for the ban.  I recently decided to shoot for 100 days (April 10) or whenever Sephora runs their spring VIB sale.  

Makeup shopping has become one of my weaknesses, especially in the last year and a half since Ulta and Sephora moved in nearby.  One of the biggest things that I wanted to get out of this shopping ban was to work through some of the products I already own and better decide on some of the items that I would eventually like to add to my collection.  I want to eliminate my impulse buys when shopping for makeup.


Current Makeup Routine



This is a sampling of some of the products I've been reaching for on a daily basis lately. These are also the products I took with me when I went on vacation a while back.  It's pretty much what I need for a normal day of going to work or when I want to look a little nicer without going too over the top.

Top to bottom...

I've really been liking my ELF blush and bronzer duo lately and it's a steal at only $3.  This one has a very good likelihood of getting repurchased eventually.

I have yet to actually purchase an eye shadow primer on its own...  I have so many minis and samples to get through.  I'm currently using (and liking) the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  

Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder was an item I decided to try based on reviews I'd seen online.  I think I'm on my 3rd one, so I guess that means I like it!  The quality is really good and it only costs about $4,

I picked up a mini of the Urban Decay DeSlick spray last summer before my friend's wedding and then decided I liked it enough to get the XL bottle on Haute Look.  I'm just now finishing up the XL bottle.  I've been using this as my primer and setting spray.  

Mascara is another product I've not actually purchased alone in over a year...  I've got so many minis!  The one I'm currently using is Tarte's Gifted mascara.  I've never bought a high-end mascara on its own, but this is one that may tempt me because it really makes my tiny lashes look nice!

I've had this Clinique All About Eyes concealer for so long and it doesn't even look like I've made a dent in the tube!  It's a pretty decent concealer, but I think I may try a few others before repurchasing this one.  

I've got 3 little sample bottles of Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl highlighter, so I won't need to buy any highlighting products for a while.  A little goes a long way, but I do really like how this brightens me up.  I skip this step when I'm pressed for time, but I do like the effect that this highlighter gives.

I have a major addiction to neutral eye shadows, but I really like my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  I still have a lot of other neutrals I'm trying to use up, but this is definitely the one that travels with me now

Revlon's Color Stay foundation has redeemed my faith in drugstore foundations!  I've been using this since last fall and I'm hoping that I'll continue to love it during the warmer months!

I'd never really paid attention to the brand NYX until I started seeing positive reviews on You Tube.  I've picked up a few of the lip glosses and have found myself using them on a daily basis!

I still love my Revlon Lip Butters and wear one almost daily as well.

I have 3 mini pots of Benefit's Erase Paste concealer (it came in a set with the primer I'd been using) and have enjoyed it more than I thought I initially would.  It works really well with my Colorstay foundation and Rimmel powder at hiding spots.

***

What items are currently part of your makeup routine?  

Do you have any suggestions on must-have items I should check out when my ban is over?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)