This blog is just kind of a mixed bag sometimes, but in some ways, I really like that. I like reading all sorts of blogs, so it kind of fits that my own blog goes with all of my random interests and likes. I hope you all are okay with putting up with my randomness!
I've shared some of my current makeup favorites and I thought I'd also share some of my favorite skincare items. My skin isn't perfect, but I try to do what I can to make it behave and slow down any signs of aging.
Here are my current favorite items that I'm using on a regular basis:
- I've been a longtime fan of Clinique's Acne Solution bar soap. A bar of this lasts a super long time. I keep mine in the shower to use on my face as well as my body after workouts.
- I used to give my mom all of my Clinique eye cream samples, but I've decided I need to incorporate that into my own skincare routine. I really like this Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream and will probably purchase a full-size jar when I finish off my sample.
- My old roommate bought a sampler set of The Body Shop's Tea Tree collection and gave me a few items that she wasn't going to use. This moisturizer is a lightweight gel-ish consistency, that's perfect for wearing under my makeup.
- My mom and I have both become Philosophy fans in the past year or so. I tried a sample of their Microdelivery scrub and decided it was worth the little splurge. I use it every other day or so in place of my Clarisonic at night and my skin has stayed super smooth.
- Oh Clarisonic, how I love thee! This is probably my biggest beauty splurge, but it was totally worth it! I bought the Mia 2 and use it everyday! I think this has been a factor in my skin staying nice in the past few months.
- I think Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and the Clarisonic are like a dream team for skincare. These two give me such a deep clean feeling at the end of the day and really gets all of the makeup off of my face.
- I've also become a fan of The Body Shop's nighttime tea tree moisturizer. It's a little thicker than the daytime version, but it's become a favorite product of mine!
- I'm also a longtime fan of Clinique's Clarifying Lotions. I go back and forth between the Acne Solutions one and the one for oily / combo skin (depending on deals I find). It's kind of my final step in clean sweeping my face before moisturizer in the morning and evening.
- I heard about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque on a blog or You Tube a few months back and decided to pick it up. It's super cheap at Walgreens (or whatever drugstore) and really is a nice product. I try to use it 1 or 2 evenings a week.
What are your favorite skincare items?
Do you have any recommendations for things I should try in the future?