Friday, March 22, 2013

Fashion Friday: Flower Power

One trend for spring that I've overlooked until recently had been floral prints.  I'm a huge fan of florals in my home decor, but I can pretty much say that is something that is very much not represented in my closet.

One thing that I love about floral prints is that you can pair them up with so many items.  These prints usually have a lot of colors to work with, which allows you a lot of fun possibilities when it comes to pairing it with different items.  I think florals are also great for pattern mixing and can give you some fun options mixing it up in that way.

Flower Power


From Top:

I've been eyeing this pink Aerie tee every time I've worked there in the past couple months.  It's a cute, casual tee, but I've seen several girls dress it up a bit more.

I bought this VS Pink tote (shhh...  don't tell the Aerie girls) before my road trip last month.  I loved the print and it's the perfect road trip tote / teacher bag / beach bag / gym bag / whatever bag.  It's very sunwashed and neon and I just stinkin' love it!

This J.Crew tee is simple and perfect for someone who isn't looking for a crazy pattern.  It would be cute with jeans and flats or dressed up with a skirt and cardigan.

I think accessories are one of the best ways to ease into a trend.  Floral scarves are a great way to embrace this trend without getting too crazy.  

I loved this Gap dress online and loved the pattern even more in person.  It wasn't a match made in heaven for me, though, but I still think it's super adorable!

The floral button down from Gap, though, was a winner.  I fell in love with the shirt-dress version, but alas it was HUGE on me.  Thankfully I found the shirt online!  It's out of my element, but I think that's why I'm so excited to have it.

J.Crew's collaboration with Liberty had a lot of (expensive) winners in that collection.  I have a Liberty tote from the Target collaboration a few years back (much more in my price range) and I always get compliments when I carry it.  If you're willing to pay the price, Liberty florals are to die for!

How stinkin' cute are these cosmetic bags from Forever 21?!?  I had to resist the urge to get them!  

Have you been loving floral prints this spring?  If so, how have you incorporated them into your wardrobe?

Happy Friday & have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)